The good news is I am starting to teach photography again after a little break where I have been concentrating on building my business. It means I have set up a 5 session course starting on Monday evening July 31st at the St George Hotel in Rochester. This is a good venue as there is on site parking and is close to town. This first course will concentrate on helping beginners and refreshers to get established in the art of photography and to encourage a good disciplined approach which once learnt can be the foundations for taking your picture making to the next level. The course itself will be a combination of technical and creative information set against a backdrop of classroom and location learning. The groups I run tend to be on the smaller size and 7 people is my absolute maximum. This means there is ample room for 121 learning as well as group learning. Learning how to use your camera to make great images can seem daunting as there are so many buttons and so much confusing jargon to be discovered.
My goals, as a teacher, are to:
- Get you taking control of the camera and taking better photos with confidence.
- Help you better understand why certain settings do certain things.
- Make sure you’re not overwhelmed in the beginning – I just teach what’s needed to get started.
- Give you a foundation of basic knowledge, which you can build on later at your own pace.
- Make friends in the group and join my facebook photo group.
This course is aimed at people who have bought a DSLR, Bridge or compact camera with lots of functions and have no idea how to use it. The camera needs to have PASM on the main dial for this course to work for you.
To book your place on this course please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org